Stop Smoking FAQs
Is Stop Smoking possible and will it work for me?
Many factors will have to be taken into consideration so it is best to Contact Denise to find out.
How does Hypnotherapy compare to other methods?
- To find the most effective method to stop smoking Frank Schmidt and research student Chockalingham Viswesvaran from the University of Iowa used a meta-analysis, utilising the results of more than 600 studies totalling nearly 72,000 people
- The results, which were published in the Journal of applied psychology and included 48 studies of hypnosis covering 6000 smokers clearly showed that hypnosis, to use the same terminology as the quit councillor was
- 300% as successful as nicotine replacement therapy
- 500% as successful as just will power alone.
No evidence that nicotine vaccines work (8/19/2012) - Researchers found there is currently no evidence that nicotine vaccines enhance long-term smoking cessation.Hypnosis increases smoking abstinence by 4.3 times (6/25/2012) - A Canadian study researchers found that smokers were 4.3 times more likely to quit smoking if they underwent hypnosis therapy compared to smokers who didn't have therapy.
How does Stop Smoking work?
- We all know about the health consequences of smoking and there are many methods of giving up, will power, patches, etc.
- Using Hypnosis is extremely effective, if you are truly motivated.
- It accesses the unconscious part of your mind where there is no resistance, suggestions go in and results follow.
- All that is needed is the genuine desire to give up once and for all that is why we always give a free phone assessment just to ascertain you do really want to STOP SMOKING FOREVER. You will also have the opportunity to ask any questions you wish.
What will happen during a Stop Smoking session?
- The session will consist of a case history, including information on medication, family, lifestyle, any concerns and expectation of therapy.
- Then the individual will sit in a comfortable chair and with eyes closed (or open) and will be talked through a relaxing induction to begin closing down external awareness.
- Then further deepening of the relaxation process where the individual will begin focusing more inwardly. Sometimes, they will take a more active part in it, inasmuch as they may be asked to visualise or sense something in particular.
- If at any time they want to terminate the session, they can, just by opening their eyes.
- At the end of the session there may be a discussion about what was experienced although this is not always necessary.
How long will the session be?
- This is a specially designed session that normally last 2 to 3 hours, using a multi-modal approach (Hypnosis, NLP & Coaching)
How much will I need to invest?
- Please check the Fees page
What can I do if I fancy a cigarette?
I would encourage you to begin thinking as someone who no longer wants to smoke. Also from now until we meet, I would suggest that every time you decide to have a cigarette you follow this simple process:
- STOP and ask yourself silently:
- “Does my body, really want this cigarette”?
- Wait quietly for the answer, it should come in about 2 seconds.
- Then ask: “Do my lungs really want a cig?”
- Again wait for the answer.
- “Does my life really want this cig?”
If you still decide to have the cigarette go ahead without beating yourself up and just be aware, as you smoke, what is happening to your body.
This process is about bringing conscious awareness to your body about the habit your in, and the wisdom of the body will always guide you. It is very much about conscious awareness that’s all, not judging oneself, just allowing your body, little by little, to guide you into thinking and feeling you don’t wish to pollute it.
If you really do this EVERY TIME you decide to have a cig, you will be interrupting your ‘habit’ and that’s exactly what we want. It’ll only take 30 seconds or so each time, but do it, be quiet and relaxed as you do it, knowing that you are beginning a healthier habit.